10 Easy Things To Make Life Fun
I have been inspired lately to read things that inspire! Its quite interesting how many opinions are out there on what inspires people … for me, its all about living a good life. I think if you ask 10 people to define “a good life” you will get 18 different definitions. This got me thinking … what 10 things do I try to do every day?
1. Memorize Something – I work online … I am reading constantly. I remember in school all the “studies” that have been done saying we as people forget 80% of what we hear and see in a day. Find something that interests you and memorize a fact, a date, information about that topic. Not only will this leave your brain sharp and your memory functioning, you will also have a huge library of quotes to bust out at any moment. Poetry, sayings and philosophies are your best options.
2. Smile – I love making eye contact with strangers and just smiling. Two things will happen … they will smile back or they will look around to see why you are smiling. If they smile back watch how that makes you feel inside – and think about how that person will feel now. I am shocked sometimes how a simple smile will change the outward appearance of someone. Usually I look for someone with an angry look on their face or maybe they are sitting slouched in a chair … I make eye contact … smile … and watch! Try it – who knows, you might even meet someone cool.
3. Do Not Be So Serious – Learn to laugh at the little things, life will be a whole lot easier. If you find amusement in your mistakes and failures (and you are still alive) you can be thankful for a lesson. Life is not strictly business, it can be mixed with pleasure. You will find life to be a bit more entertaining if you can laugh more.
4. Make Someone Feel Special – Even something as simple as remembering a name (See #1) … you can have such a profound effect on someone’s whole day or week. Reach out and tell someone you were thinking about them. You know your friends … what makes them smile? Most of the time you’ll find it does not take money to make someone feel special. Give a word of encouragement … Thank someone for doing something nice … take an extra step to make someone feel like they mean something to you.
5. Relax – You remember … “Frankie Says” … did I just date myself? Every now and then … sit on the couch and do nothing. Think about what makes you happy, read a book, watch TV, play a video game! Relaxing is not evil … I hear so many people tell me how busy they are and how much time they do not have. How can you be happy and make others happy when you are sooooo busy doing busy things? We all have the same 24 hours in a day … take some time out for yourself and relax for even 5 minutes. Try it … Trust me!
6. Create A Daily Mantra – A mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that are considered capable of “creating transformation” (says Wikipedia) … I admit I do not do this every day, but when I think about it creating a daily mantra is fun. Try it tomorrow … when you wake up in the morning ask yourself “What one sound, syllable or word will transform my day?” This can be as easy as the word “Love” … “Laugh” … “Smile!” It can also be the sound of a sigh (breathe in slowly – exhale quickly) .. sometimes I need that sound when I am starting to feel overwhelmed. Get creative … try a daily Mantra!
7. Learn To Juggle – Who doesn’t love to watch someone juggle? Try it … learn it … you will be surprised how easy it really is. If you do not even know where to start … Google “Learn to juggle” and I am sure you’ll find plenty of videos and website tutorials. Juggling is fun … plus once you get good at it you can mark that down as an accomplishment!
8. Help Someone – Every minute of every day … someone in your network of friends needs help. Take a few minutes to observe which one of your friends could use a hand with a task, a project, anything. Helping others has a ripple effect too … if you help someone, the example is set and it may give them the motivation to help someone else. You know – Pay It Forward! Your relationship with that person will grow – I Promise! If you believe in Karma … its always good to have some in the bank. Also, if you want a selfish reason … you’ll be able to call in a favor one day and those around you will be more than happy to pitch in.
9. Laugh – Whenever you get a chance … Every time you think about it … find some reason to laugh! Laughter is a great thing – that’s why we’ve all heard the saying, “Laughter is the best medicine.” There is strong evidence that laughter can actually improve health and help fight disease. Laughter connects us with others and it is contagious, if you bring more laughter into your life, you will most likely help others around you to laugh more, and realize the benefits as well. By elevating the mood of those around you, you can reduce their stress levels, and perhaps improve the quality of social interaction you experience with them, reducing your stress level even more!
10. Call Someone “Just To Say HEY!” – Has this ever happened to you? You get a call out of the blue from a friend just ’cause! It has happened to me and every time my day has changed for the better. Think of someone you care about … and call them to say hi. Do it now … and watch how your day becomes better by sharing with someone you care about.
This is your life … your journey … why not make it fun for you and those around? Try some of these … leave a comment … tell us what you do to make life fun!